An interview with Rick Liva, ND, Registered Pharmacist and President of the Vital Nutrients nutritional supplements company
Not all supplements are the same. Quality and the purity of products vary tremendously from brand to brand. Many supplements contain binders, fillers, flowing agents and artificial colors that are actually anti-nutrients. And even some of the best products contain solvents and other contaminants. In this interview Dr. Rick Liva teaches us what to look for in nutritional supplements and what questions to ask about supplement quality
· Find out why your nutritional supplements may not be everything you think they are
· Learn why the FDA isn’t regulating supplement manufacturers
· Understand what good manufacturing practices are
· Find out the 6 questions you should ask your supplement manufacturer about product quality
· Hear about how one company assures product quality and safety
· Learn about the various binder, fillers, solvents and additives that are used in supplements and which are most healthful
· Understand more fully what is on your supplement label
· Many supplements are called “food-based”. Find out what this actually means
Most natural product suppliers assure you they are giving you the best quality in the marketplace. They often don't deliver the quality that they claim. Many natural product testing laboratories use unethical practices and poor science to test the validity of raw materials and finished products. Dr. Liva explains how some companies go the extra mile to assure that you receive the highest quality products.
Dr. Liva is President of Vital Nutrients, a Licensed Naturopathic Physician (ND), and a Registered Pharmacist. He is also the managing physician at the Connecticut Center for Health, a founding member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, and past president of the Connecticut Society of Naturopathic Physicians. As a 20 year practicing Naturopathic Physician, Dr. Liva is always concerned about the quality and consistency of natural products that he prescribed to his patients.
Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN Is the host of the Access to Health Experts interview series. She holds a doctorate and is board certified in Clinical Nutrition, is the author of Digestive Wellness, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She’s the Director of Doctoral Studies at Hawthorn Health and Nutrition Institute, and the nutrition editor for Pilates Style Magazine. Dr. Lipski is the founder of several web-based health information sites including Innovative Healing and Access to Health Experts.
Other Audio Books you may be interested in
Iseekblog audio Books
Maccvs Audio books