An interview with Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass authors of Grain-Free Gourmet
Following the principles of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), developed by Dr. Sydney Haas and made famous by Canadian researcher Elaine Gottschall, Bager and Lass create tantalizing recipes that can be easily tolerated by people with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and celiac disease, among others.
· Learn to make delicious grain-free breads, lasagna, breads, and muffins
· Understand why so many people cannot tolerate grains
· Hear about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet participants
· Learn simple ways to make yogurt even for the lactose intolerant
· Find recipes for grain-free Cranberry Muffins and Pizza
· Discover how to use nut flour in recipes to replace grains
· Understand why honey is the sweetener of choice on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet
· Uncover some of the hidden sources of grains in our food
· You can make a grain-free diet work for yourself and family – find out how
· Learn why experts say we’re having more difficulty with food sensitivities
Jodi Bager was first diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, a life-destroying intestinal disease, after the birth of her second child in 2000. In her search for alternatives to heavy doses of steroid drugs, she was introduced to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Accepting the challenge of cooking without grains, refined sugars, or gluten, she began experimenting with the foods that were allowed. From these efforts, her almond-flour-baked-goods company, JK Gourmet, and Grain-Free Gourmet were spawned.
Jenny Lass was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2001. Already a freelance medical writer, she was inspired to combine her love of writing, science, and cooking to collaborate on Grain-Free Gourmet. Lass, a lifelong Torontonian, has an MA in medical geography from the University of Toronto and is a published poet.
The two met while driving to a potluck lunch for people with intestinal conditions on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). They began to share the recipes that improved their health, and were amazed by how these dishes actually tasted better than the originals. They soon recognized that their passion for experimenting in the kitchen had created a repertoire that was healthy, delicious, and worth sharing with others.
Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN Is the host of the Access to Health Experts interview series. She holds a doctorate and is board certified in Clinical Nutrition, is the author of Digestive Wellness, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She’s the Director of Doctoral Studies at Hawthorn Health and Nutrition Institute, and the nutrition editor for Pilates Style Magazine. Dr. Lipski is the founder of several web-based health information sites including Innovative Healing and Access to Health Experts.
Other Audio Books you may be interested in
Iseekblog audio Books
Maccvs Audio books