An interview with Joe Collins, ND, author of Discover Your Menopause Type
Even though every woman is different, traditionally every woman has received one type of menopause therapy--a "one hormone solution." Dr. Collins has identified 12 distinct menopause types and developed a treatment for each. He shows women how to determine their own menopause type and then prescribes a nutritional, herbal, glandular, and hormonal treatment program to manage the symptoms for each type. In this interview:
• Learn what you need to know about menopause and peri-menopause
• See which of the 12 Menopause Types describes you
• Discover why women need testosterone
• How to avoid menopause crash and burn
• Examine the pros and cons of Hormone Replacement Therapy
• Find out what lab tests to use and why
• Herbal Therapies can help, see which are right for you
• Uncover the power of progesterone
• Finding the Right Doctor doesn’t have to be hard, see why
• Andropause is the men’s equivalent, discover what happens
Dr. Collins states: "In the years I have been working with menopausal women, I have found that no two women have shared exactly the same experience. Menopause has a surprisingly wide range of signs and symptoms. For some woman, it's easy and comfortable. For others, it doesn't go so smoothly. Indeed, menopause doesn't seem to be a single condition at all. Over time, I realized the obvious: Every woman's menopause is unique. . ."
Dr. Joseph J. Collins is an internationally recognized leader in the field of Functional Endocrinology. He is an experienced medical educator and presents many lectures to physicians, pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, and other healthcare professionals on diagnostic and therapeutic applications within the integrated, functional medicine model.
Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN Is the host of the Access to Health Experts interview series. She holds a doctorate and is board certified in Clinical Nutrition, is the author of Digestive Wellness, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She’s the Director of Doctoral Studies at Hawthorn Health and Nutrition Institute, and the nutrition editor for Pilates Style Magazine.
Dr. Lipski is the founder of several web-based health information sites including Innovative Healing and Access to Health Experts.
Other Audio Books you may be interested in
Iseekblog audio Books
Maccvs Audio books